Friday, June 28, 2013

Next Stop: San Francisco



San Francisco. I couldnt have been more blown away by this city. The architecture, the people, the landscape....all SO FREAKING UNIQUE. A few weeks ago, I wrapped up my last traveling conference of the series with  Cisco, in the insanely beautiful city of San Francisco. 
I was continuously wonderfully surprised. 
Although I went to the West coast for work, there was definitely time for play. And play we did.
 I cant wait to go back. 



At Cisco, we do it right. Our team hosted our final conference form the top of Knobb Hill, at one of the most famous hotels in town, The Mark Hopkins Intercontinental. This was one of the coolest places I have ever stayed. One whole week of THIS comfort? Yes please. And you should see the view...

Over the past couple of months, I have traveled over 45 thousand miles. Two and a half feet of hard, upright  prison may sound glamorous...but believe it or not, the styrofoam seats in coach get uncomfortable around hour nine on the plane. I HAVE to dress comfortably when I travel. When traveling, wear something that covers your body, keeps you warm, easy to shed a layer, and have shoes that can be easily removed. 

The picture above shows my travel attire for this trip. My short sleeve denim shirt from American Apparel is super comfortable and as equally beautiful as my color knit pullover
 (Also from American Apparel). 
This knit also doubles as an in-flight pillow if folded properly. 
The trolly passing by my window
Living on Knob Hill for the week was sufficiently glamorous in Amy's and my book.
Despite the mountain climbing to nearby, SF Boroughs. 
The Mark Hopkins was the backdrop for the final week of my Americas tour with Cisco. It was so awesome to have a week in this palace of a hotel for so long. We got some great work done but we also got some play time in. In celebration of good work, we ate, and danced our way to the Tonga room.
Down by the bay...where the seafood is unreal. 
Our last night with work was spent in the Tonga room. Nestled in the depths of the massively grand Fairmont Hotel, the Tonga Room was one of the most unique and....legitimately coolest restaurants I've seen in a really long time. It rained inside y'all. And some boat sailed through the restaurant sporting a full, 5 piece band.



Amy and I worked hard the first half of the week in San Francisco....but after, it was time to play. More of our Bay Area adventure to come. 

-MDB



No comments:

Post a Comment