Monday, June 3, 2013

Next Flight: New York City



m- The city and I have had a pretty emotional relationship over the past couple of years. I either want to take the streets by storm, or take the next boat of that godforsaken island. Today, however, we are talking. This year I turned uncomfortably old and there was no way I was spending this early mid-life crisis anywhere that wouldn't intoxicate my elderly body accordingly.
So, New York it was.

My recent traveling schedule has harvested some interesting habits along the road. Specifically, I have trained myself to envision a nice, crisp brew at the end of my travel. I picture the pint glass in my hand, the bubbling hops tickling my senses, and BAM I am at my destination. This time I awoke from my imaginary bliss at the Clock Tower Bar in the lower Bronx, awaiting my girl Madeline.
Snow Falling outside...and beer in hand. 
To no one's surprise, Madeline and I immediately threw on some layers to hit the shops. I was all kinds of obsessed with the ensemble Madeline and I put together for our snowy, 
Brooklyn shopping adventure. 

Manhattan was covered with a lovely sheet of snow on my first day gallivanting the streets.
It really was a nice touch New York. 

When you come to visit, the dinner table is, naturally, the commonplace for reunion. I always have an agenda full of lunch, dinner, and brunch dates when traveling but to good food and good company, I do not have a single complaint. Every time I'm in the City, I must must must get down to the Cafeteria for some glorious grub. Open 24 hours...and chock-full of beautiful homosexuals, this eat-spot truly couldn't be a more perfect match for my appetite. 
So, I ate. 
...and ate. 
Goodbye New York. Call me maybe?

-MDB

                                                      For more travel photos: Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment