Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hall Full.


The shower water was not of high pressure and was warm for 30 second increments. Problems number one two and three. 
My showers are my solace. 
They wake me up. They keep me rolling. They are necessary on all accounts. 
Especially in a city that is so dirty. 
A layer of grime (that I will call soot, to continue my disillusion of how dirty this city can actually be) covers you like a blanket. 
But not to be alarmed! 
After 6 days of no hot water, whatsoever, I was clearly hard-lessened into appreciating what little hot water I had prior. 
My hot water shut off three days into my move to Brooklyn.  Surprisingly enough, I waited patiently. 




Six days and one shower later...
(guilty) I have hot, steaming water that flows as fast as the nile. 

Thank you repair man, Gil. 

Moral of the story: One day you're bathing with the Pharaohs, the other, you're thirsty with the thieves. LOL I've had a drink. But be thankful children. Let the Nile flow and be thankful for everything-especially something as fortunate as constant hot, clean water. 

The second moral (yes, there are two) is that the universe delivers. 
I didn't falter in optimism when I found out my shower water was lukewarm and my winter showers ahead will be taken in the pain of absolute freezing. The universe took what I had and tested me even more. No shower during the first week in a city where I am meeting people to make an impression? Awesome...but what's a kid to do?

I didn't take the bait. 

SO...hot water for everyone! Ask and receive...but be patient. 
Everything always comes at the right moment anyway. 
Ends speech. 

No comments:

Post a Comment